Friday 20 November 2015

Lighting Task

Hey,

It's been awhile. Basically this task gave us the opportunity to play around with different lighting to create certain affects. Although I only had one lamp at my disposal during certain shots, so I wasn't able to create every type of lighting shot.


 This simple shot was an attempt of capturing natural light with no effort to aim light at specific areas. The effect created is a sense of normality and perhaps warmth. For my thriller opening I could use this type of shot to symbolise a normal day before being altered by evil or whatever.
This artificial light source creates an immersive reflection within the stone whilst the angle of the shot brings focus to the rock itself. The effect could perhaps be that of tranquillity due to the softness of the colours and the single artificial light source not blinding the photograph. This type of lighting could be used to help emphasise a certain area of focus in my thriller opening, perhaps when someone is alone with a solitary light shining on their face to create a spooky and scary feeling.



This example of chiaroscuro lighting infers some sort of stern emotion and leaves the air with anxiety as the light focuses on my face, with my glare off-camera making the viewer wonder what it is I am looking at. Overall producing a sort of spooky effect. This type of shot would be perfect for my thriller to create an eerie atmosphere within the room or scene.




Finally, this image also uses a solitary, artificial light. However the composition and setting surrounding the light source creates the unsettling sense of isolation and places emphasis on the fact that it is night-time. This type of shot could be used as a mini-establishing to make the audience aware of the weather and also metaphorically signify how alone the character within the scene is, which is represented by the single street-lamp.

No comments:

Post a Comment